National experiences in developing national CHM websites have revealed that significant technical barriers exist when trying to establish even a basic national CHM website, particularly for developing countries with little capacity.
The Bioland Tool aims at overcoming these barriers by providing a turnkey solution that can be used by any developing country to rapidly establish a basic operational national CHM website that can effectively facilitate the implementation of its NBSAP. This turnkey solution is built using the Drupal content management system (CMS).
A demonstration version of this tools is avialable at http://demo8.chm-cbd.net. Countries interested in making use of this tool should contact the CBD Secretariat at secretariat [at] cbd.int.
CHM Portal Tool Kit (PTK)
Several years ago, the European Environment Agency has created a CHM Portal Tool Kit to facilitate the establishment of national clearing-house mechanisms (CHM). This toolkit provides a web-based system with the following features:
- Out-of-the-box ready-to-use web portal (configured, predefined content structure)
- Freely available with no license costs
- Downloadable from the European Environment Agency’s EC-CHM website
- Includes on-line tutorials
- Designed specifically for developing National Biodiversity Clearing House Mechanism websites
- Maintained and enhanced based on users' feedback and CBD recommendations
Please visit the CHM PTK web pages for more details.